- Statistical Bulletin of Civil Aviation Industry Development in 2019
- Statistical Bulletin of Civil Aviation Industry Development in 2018
1. Draw up laws, regulations, policies, and standards governing civil aviation planning, investment, foreign investment, statistics, prices, charges (excluding administrative charges), and energy efficiency and emission reduction, and oversee their implementation.
2. Study and formulate development strategies, mid and long-term plan for the civil aviation industry, and ad hoc planning proposals concerning cross-modal transport; study and develop ad hoc plans concerning airport layout, aircraft fleet, civil aviation infrastructure development, and energy efficiency and emission reduction, etc., as well as cross-regional civil aviation development plan; and oversee their implementation.
3. Direct the formulation of ad hoc plans concerning civil aviation safety, ATC, human resources, science and technology, training, information, and emergency rescue, and of the development plans by directly affiliated entities; oversee the harmonization and balancing of such plans, as well as their examination and submission for approval.
4. Engage in the formulation of development plans concerning national economy and society, cross-modal transport, railroads, highways, water transport, specific regions, trade in services, land use, environmental protection, and cooperation in border areas, and counsel for the development plans of cities, industries, and regions.
5. Monitor the state of civil aviation operations. Oversee civil aviation industry’s foreign economic cooperation; handle, examine, and submit for approval the introduction of civil aircraft; process and coordinate the purchase and lease of civil aircraft.
6. Handle the application for the automatic import license concerning civil aviation mechanical and electrical products; manage the application for duty exemption concerning imported civil aviation mechanical and electrical products; supervise and inspect the international bidding for civil aviation mechanical and electrical products.
7. Manage civil aviation construction projects, process the approval of major civil aviation infrastructure development projects, such as civil airport construction, as well as the application for state investment projects; and examine and approve feasibility study reports for such projects.
8. Manage fixed-asset investment in civil aviation, make recommendations on the size of fixed-asset investment in civil aviation and the funding arrangement for fixed-asset investment from ad hoc civil aviation funds, develop and circulate the plan for civil aviation fixed-asset investment, and supervise and check the implementation.
9. Manage the civil aviation industry’s use of foreign investments and its investment overseas, and examine and sanction foreign joint venture projects and foreign partnership projects.
10. Advance the reform of civil aviation prices and charges, advise control measures, and oversee the implementation.
11. Manage civil aviation prices, review and approve civil aviation transport rate and jet fuel price, and manage general aviation-related prices. Coordinate and secure jet fuel supply.
12. Manage civil aviation charges; review and approve airport charges, ATC charges, service charges of public air transport enterprises, computer-based booking charges, and charges from the airport departure system; manage charges for special flights and service charges of civil aviation public institutions.
13. Review, oversee, check and monitor the price, charge and cost of the civil aviation industry.
14. Collect statistics of civil aviation, and analyze and issue the statistical information.
15. Manage the overall energy efficiency and emission reduction of the civil aviation industry, and oversee the industry’s response to climate change.
16. Undertake other tasks assigned by CAAC executives.